Sunday 8 May 2011

Datuk Lee Chong Wei won Malaysian Grand Prix 2011 - 3 years continuous

An awesome victory made by Datuk Lee Chong Wei in beginning month of May. He has made 1Malaysia proud again by winning his 3rd title this year, the Malaysia Badminton Grand Prix 2011 in Stadium Sultan Abdul Halim, Alor Setar. He defeated Bao Chun Lai from China 21-9, 21-19 in the final match. This is the 3rd time Datuk Lee won the title continuously in 1Malaysia own land.

The Penangnites 28-year-old Chong Wei was over the moon over his exploits.

“I used to be ridiculed as a player for holding the world No. 1 ranking without any major titles. Now, I keep on winning. It is a big achievement for me,” said Chong Wei, who won the India Open the previous Sunday.

“And I am not going to stop at this. I want to keep up with this momentum until after the Olympic Games in London next year.

“Usually, it is tough to maintain a high quality game – especially when it is a back-to-back event. But I am glad that I came through this match and defeated Bao Chun Lai to give the home fans the cheer.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...